Vitamin D: The facts.
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for many different reasons, it contributes to healthy bones, teeth, hair and can help protect from a range of different diseases.
Unlike most vitamins, the body can actually create vitamin D and there for it does not need to be consumed in a diet, however during the winter months it is recommended that you take a vitamin D supplement, due to lack of sunlight.
Vitamin D has multiple roles in the body, here's a few:
- Promoting healthy bones and teeth
- Supporting immune, brain, and nervous system health
- Regulating insulin levels and supporting diabetes management
- Supporting lung function and cardiovascular health
- Influencing the expression of genes involved in cancer development
Although the body can produce Vitamin D, deficiency may also occur, due to many different reasons.
Skin type and suncream can affect the bodies ability to absorb UVB rays from the sun, this is essential for the body to produce Vitamin D through the skin.
According to NHS UK, everyone should consider taking vitamin D over winter.
Shop our products here.